Electrical Workers Code of Excellence Pledge
The purpose of the Electrical Workers Code of Excellence is to reinforce the pride of every Electrical Worker and our commitment to be the most skilled, most productive and safest employees in the Utility and Construction.
As Union Electrical Workers, we pledge ourselves to uphold our word, as given through our Collective Bargaining Agreement, and display the professionalism expected of our trade, classification and Union in all aspects of our employment.
It is a commitment to use our training and skills, each and every day, to produce the highest quality work worthy of our name and consistent with the collective bargaining agreement.
As an Electrical Worker member, I agree to:
- Adhere to my responsibilities under the Collective Bargaining Agreement for start and quit times, as well as lunch and break times.
- Allow my Union Representatives to handle any disagreements or breaches by refusing to engage in unlawful job disruptions, slowdowns or any activities that affect our good name.
- Respect the Customer’s and Employer’s rights, property and tools as I do my own.
- Meet my responsibility to show up every day; outfitted for work and fit for duty without engaging in substance abuse.
- Cooperate with the Customer and Employer to meet their statutory, regulatory and contractual responsibilities to maintain a safe, healthy and sanitary workplace.
- Do my best to work in a manner consistent with the quality, productivity and safety of every task that I am assigned.
- Do my best to help every co-worker return home safe at the conclusion of every shift.
The above commitment will improve work place conditions, increase work opportunities, and help maintain our wages, benefits and standard of living. In addition, the Code of Excellence will help our employers complete their projects on time, on budget with no injuries or accidents.
Highly Trained, Highly Skilled, Ready To Do The Job.